Bright Button Hat

I've decided to go ahead and get started on my Christmas presents this year so I won't be tempted to procrastinate.  This is the first one I have made.

Not the best picture of me, but it showcases the hat nicely.


Materials:
-1 skein Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Gold
-US size 7 (4.5 mm) circular needles
-A large button
-Yarn needle

Abbreviations:
-sts- stitches
-CO- cast on
-BO- bind off
-k- knit
-p- purl
-k2tog- knit 2 together

Instructions:
CO 60 sts.
Join in the round.
Work in k2, p2 rib for 2.5 in.
K all sts until piece measures 9 in. from beginning.
k2tog all sts for 1 round.
Cut yarn, leaving 8 in tail.
Thread the yarn through the yarn needle. 
Pass the yarn through all the sts on circular needles.
Slip all sts off needles and pull tightly.
Sew up the top.
Weave in your ends.

Comments

  1. Cool hat pattern! Can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts